Over the past decade, Josh has built a foundation of knowledge, skills, and expertise for building sustainable communities on the social, environmental, and economic level at many scales. Beginning with a solid design background in landscape architecture, his broad project experience includes master planning, cultural landscape reports, historic garden restoration, public gardens, ecological restoration, and residential design.
While working and pursuing further training abroad in the UK for almost three years, he gravitated toward coursework in social sustainability, with a specific focus on community development, social capital, placemaking, social responsibility, social justice, and community resilience. After returning back to the United States in 2010, Josh’s interest in research and collections-based landscape architecture and planning projects inspired him to attend library school, where he worked in various related capacities for the next five years.
With increasing experience working and partnering for many non profits, corporations, and municipalities, Josh became increasingly interested in the concepts of continuous improvement, knowledge sharing, and organizational efficiency through the lens of information management. In the fall of 2015, he entered the field of knowledge management by becoming the first knowledge manager at a distinguished architecture, research, and planning firm in Philadelphia. At this capacity, Josh is effectively able to utilize all of his skills and abilities to help pursue mission-driven goals and objectives.
- BS Landscape Architecture, Temple University 2007
- MS Sustainable Development, University of Exeter UK 2009
- MLIS – Master of Library & Information Science, Wayne State University 2013
Past Employment and Clients
- Office of the University Architect- University of Pennsylvania
- Longwood Gardens
- Thomas Memorial Library, Cape Elizabeth, Maine
- Scarborough Library, Scarborough, Maine
- Topsham Public Library, Topsham, Maine
- Castle Preservation Society, Moultonborough, NH
- Exeter City Council, Exeter, UK
- Garden Club of Virginia
- Philadelphia Historical Commission
- McLaughlin Gardens, S. Paris, Maine